Civil Rights Intake and Investigations Coordinator for Fair Housing Programs
Housing Opportunities Project for Excellence, Inc., (HOPE, Inc.), is seeking a person to manage and supervise the Civil Rights Fair Housing Intake, Testing and Investigating Program, through which individuals pose as prospective renters or purchasers of real estate for the purpose of gathering information which may indicate whether a housing provider is complying with fair housing laws. The Coordinator will take complaints of housing discrimination and plan, coordinate and evaluate fair housing testing investigations at various locations throughout Broward County to identify potential violations of federal, state and local fair housing laws, as well as making referrals where appropriate. The person selected will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the testing program, including:
* Complaint intake and referral.
* Identifying sites for potential testing investigations.
* Planning, executing, and evaluating testing investigations.
* Recruiting and selecting testers to participate in testing investigations.
* Training testers and organizing testing files.
* Developing and implementing procedures for gathering and preserving evidence of unlawful housing discrimination.
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Law, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or other related fields.
* Commitment to civil rights and vigorous enforcement of fair housing laws required.
* Strong analytical skills required, in particular the ability to analyze evidence and make sound judgments as to further actions.
* Ability to effectively communicate complex issues both orally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and execute complex projects in a timely and effective manner.
* Ability to supervise and motivate personnel and to work cooperatively with people of diverse backgrounds to achieve common goals.
* Must be computer literate.
* Previous experience in test coordination, other investigative or enforcement work, research, and/or civil rights advocacy a plus.
* Spanish fluency a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience, including a quality benefits package. For more information about HOPE, Inc. visit www.hopefhc.com.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. HOPE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability and is committed to workplace diversity.
Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references to: Attn: Keenya J. Robertson, Esq., HOPE, Inc., 18441 NW 2 Ave., Suite 218, Miami Gardens, FL 33169, office (305) 651-4673, fax (305) 493-0108, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.